Belfast City Council’s Decade of Centenaries Programme
Panel Discussion: 100 Years of Northern Ireland: how has it gone?
Date: Friday 26 March 2021
Time: 12noon – 2pm
REGISTER USING THE FORM BELOW
As part of their Decade of Centenaries Programme, Belfast City Council is hosting this important panel discussion on the hundredth anniversary of the formation of Northern Ireland. The event will look at the last hundred years from a range of different perspectives. Well-known broadcaster and current co-creator of the BBC NI100 Podcasts, Tara Mills will be our Chairperson for this occasion.
The panelists for this important event are:
- Lord Paul Bew, Chair of the NIO Centenary Historical Advisory Panel
- Prof. Mary E. Daly, UCD and Royal Irish Academy
- Prof. Thomas Hennessey, Professor of Modern British and Irish History, Canterbury Christchurch University
- Dr. Marie Coleman, School of History, Anthropology, Philosophy and Politics, Queens University Belfast.
- Dr. Seán Byers, Researcher at Trademark Belfast and author of a number of pieces on trade unions, economic and political strategies
The Decade of Centenaries programmes and events seek to help us understand our shared history in a way that can build good relations and foster reconciliation.
This live event will be signed throughout. A recording of the event will be undertaken and made available soon after.