Entries open for the 2016 Lisburn & Castlereagh City Business Awards
The Lisburn & Castlereagh City Business Awards in association with Hanna Thompson Chartered Accountants have officially launched and local firms and entrepreneurs are being urged to get their entries in before the deadline on February 12th.
Organised by Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council the awards recognise local organisations and business people for their commercial success and contribution to the area.
This year the business awards promises to be bigger than ever as businesses in both Lisburn and Castlereagh are eligible to enter each of the 16 categories which include Best New Business, Best Exporting Business, Young Entrepreneur Award and new category, Excellence in Rural Development Achievement.
The winners will be announced at a glittering black tie ceremony at the La Mon Hotel & Country Club on Friday 11th March, hosted by Q Radio breakfast show presenter Stephen Clements.
Alderman Allan Ewart, Chair of the Economic Development Committee at Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council said: “It’s important to recognise all of the great work that is going on around us, especially as the businesses behind it play such a key role in our local economy.
“The aim of these awards is to highlight the achievements of some truly remarkable companies in our area, which boasts an incredibly diverse range of skills and industries from artisan producers and hospitality providers to leading manufacturing and technology businesses, to name just a few.
“We’re especially delighted that this year, with the dawn of the new Council, we’re now able to invite entries from businesses right across Lisburn & Castlereagh. This has really widened the scope and I have no doubt that we’ll see a fantastic range of finalists,” Alderman Ewart added.
“The competition will be tight as the standard is always so high, but it is a fantastic opportunity for local firms to showcase their abilities and their success. I would encourage them all to get their entries in and help us celebrate the very best that we have to offer across the wider Lisburn and Castlereagh area.
Businesses should visit www.lcccbusinessawards.com for more information on each of the categories and how to enter, or contact Neil Dalzell at ND Events on 028 9263 3232 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for entries is 5pm on Friday 12th February.
The full list of award categories is as follows:
- Business Person of the Year Award (sponsored by Hanna Thompson Chartered Accountants)
- Young Entrepreneur Award (sponsored by First Trust Bank)
- Best Tourism Amenity (sponsored by Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council)
- Excellence in Customer Service Award (Non Retail)
- Excellence in Customer Service Award (Retail)
- Excellence in Rural Development Achievement
- Best Marketing Initiative Award (sponsored by Bank of Ireland)
- Best New Business Award (sponsored by Lisburn Enterprise Organisation)
- Excellence in Manufacturing Award (sponsored by Montupet UK Ltd)
- Best Exporting Business Award
- Business Growth Award (sponsored by Danske Bank)
- Best Social Enterprise Business Award
- Best Licensed Eating Establishment
- Best Non-Licensed Eating Establishment
- Innovation Award
- Investment in Health Award (sponsored by Public Health Agency)